Setup.exe status

DJ Delorie dj@delorie.com
Fri Mar 17 13:52:00 GMT 2000

> You mean <ftp>/cygwin/latest don't you, with latest being a link to
> cygwin-1.1.0?  I don't see any reason to change what's already established.

No, I mean that the concept of assigning a version number to the
entire release as a whole will become meaningless with this new
scheme, because packages will be updated asynchronously.  I don't mind
using "latest" as the directory for the release, but there's no point
pointing it to a cygwin-1.1.0 subdirectory.  It would become a real
directory.