Character sets in win32 and cygwin

schilling@fokus.gmd.de schilling@fokus.gmd.de
Tue Mar 7 06:35:00 GMT 2000

Hi all,

I have a problem with mkisofs running on win32 using cygwin.
If I run mkisofs to create a ISO-9660 CD with Joliet extensions,
I get no problems (ISO-8859-1 characters are converted into UNICODE)
If I run mkisofs on cygwin, I get all umlauts converted into '_'.

It seems that all characters in filenames, all keystrokes are vailable
or get converted into the DOS charater set.

All outout  is assumed to be DOS characters.

Is this the expected behaviour?

I thought that win32 should be a UNICODE based OS.

Jörg

       schilling@fokus.gmd.de		(work) chars I am J"org Schilling