'cygwin-net-485' snapshot win32 headers problem

Mumit Khan khan@NanoTech.Wisc.EDU
Thu Mar 2 11:07:00 GMT 2000

"John Dallaway" <jld@redhat.com> writes:
> I'm attempting to build an i686-pc-cygwin-x-arm-elf toolchain using the
> 'cygwin-net-485' snapshot (including gcc-2.95.2). I get the appended
> build error. The same sources build fine using the Cygwin 1.0 boxed
> product (gcc-2.9-cygwin-990830).
>
> Is this a known problem?

For the record, this is a problem with the GCC ARM headers which define
a macro named "Hint" to "int", and that screws up the w32api structure
member named "Hint", and get a parse error. Not a problem with any
part of Cygwin nor with x86-win32 parts of GCC.

Regards,
Mumit