setup: icons, shortcuts, and batch files

Jeffrey Juliano juliano@cs.unc.edu
Tue Jul 11 14:20:00 GMT 2000

DJ Delorie wrote:

> Jeffrey Juliano wrote:

> > BASH.EXE: /bin/mkgroup: Permission denied
>
> I don't think mkgroup works under Win9x.  I'll
> hide the error message.

The error message I observed was due to my system being misconfigured.
Apparently (I'm not a windows expert), C:\windows\system should have been
in my path as set by autoexec.bat, but it wasn't for some reason.  After
fixing autoexec.bat and removing /etc/group, I rebooted and didn't see
this error message.

> > C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM /E:4096 /c d:/cygwin/cygwin.bat
>
> This I just fixed a few minutes ago :-)

great!

thanks,

-jeff