login-1.3 can't work on the recent snapshots.

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@cygnus.com
Wed Jul 5 09:09:00 GMT 2000

Kazuhiro Fujieda wrote:
> I added the full control right for Everyone to bash.exe and
> cygwin1.dll, but I can still observe the same problem. When I
> tested it with cygwin1-20000616.dll, it worked fine. This
> problem can be observed with the snapshots since 2000/06/22.

Hmm, perhaps login.exe can't _find_ the dll. Are you sure
that the dll is in PATH when calling login? login itself only
sets PATH if it isn't already there.

Sorry but I really can't see that problem.

Are you in any way able to trace or debug that?

Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company