next net release preliminary info

DJ Delorie dj@delorie.com
Wed Jan 26 13:03:00 GMT 2000

> Hmm.  When I hear dependencies, I think Makefile.

The problem I was thinking about was "build from source, oops wrong
version of readline, build fails."

> How about a "make install" for the binary packages?

Why?  Untarring them installs them into the right spot already.  I
don't think there are any real binary dependencies, just source
dependencies.  If we supported shared libraries, that would be a
different story, but everything is statically linked (except the
tcl/tk stuff, but gdb works without it anyway, with --nw).