2/24 snapshot problems

Matt matt@use.net
Sun Feb 27 01:11:00 GMT 2000

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Chris Faylor wrote:

> I have made a few more changes to the signal logic.  Please try out the
> next snapshot and let me know if it helps or hurts.

2/25 snapshot give approximately the same results, except the hung bash
idles at 0% CPU (rather than being hung and taking up between 10-60% CPU
as it was in the 2/24 snapshot). strace log is attached.

Test case:
1. launch bash
(do an 'strace bash >>log.txt' -- with or without this step produces same
results)
2. type 'uname -a' at the prompt

Result:
bash hangs and idles at 0% CPU.

Addt'l notes:
The snapshot I keep reverting to for stability is the 2/21 snapshot. Other
than exiting at seemingly random times, the 2/21 snapshot seems to work
great.

--
it's only fair to tell you
I'm absolutely cuckoo