doctool.c patch

DJ Delorie dj@delorie.com
Thu Dec 7 09:40:00 GMT 2000

> Enclosed is a patch for winsup/doc/doctool.c. I've extended it to allow
> symbolically linked files to be considered as valid source files. This
> allows doctool to find the correct files for those of us who check out the
> entire :/cvs/src tree and use the configure-target-winsup to compile winsup.

doctool specifically uses lstat to avoid symlinks.  Your patch undoes
that.  If this is really what you want, then you have to consider two
things:

1. The original code is there to avoid symlinks.  Why?  What problems
   could symlinks cause, that the original author already encountered
   and dealt with? (hint: symlinks to directories, symlinks causing
   duplication)

2. If you want symlinks treated as files, just take out the lstat/stat
   logic, and always use stat.

Plus, you dind't include a ChangeLog entry.