groff & man in latest

Mumit Khan khan@NanoTech.Wisc.EDU
Fri Apr 21 12:58:00 GMT 2000

Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> writes:

> FYI, I did try 'info', too.  But it gives a "dir: No such file or directory"
> error.

I usually run a script like the following after installing packages:

  cd /usr/local/share/info	# or wherever your info directory is
  for i in *info*; do
    install-info $i dir
  done

Assuming of course that you have install-info (from makeinfo) installed.

There's probably a better way to handle this, but this works for me.
Some of the packages are known to have buggy *.info files that causes
those to be left out of the dir file however.

Regards,
Mumit