improve scroll speed on Win9x

Kazuhiro Fujieda fujieda@jaist.ac.jp
Thu May 27 01:44:00 GMT 1999

>>> On Mon, 17 May 1999 11:23:09 -0400
>>> Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> said:

> This patch essentially reverts the changes that were added last
> month. They were actually contributed by Keith Reynolds.  I'm hoping
> he will be able to comment on the problems that have been noted.

I carefully designed my patch not to spoil the essence of the
changes to properly support a terminal capability of a settable
scrolling region.

It is famous that console APIs are unstable and inefficient on
Win9x. If the same effect can be realized, printing terminal
characters is preferable than calling console APIs.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology