_ctype_ not exported by cygwin1.dll ??

Mumit Khan khan@xraylith.wisc.EDU
Sat Jul 17 19:09:00 GMT 1999

John Fortin <fortinj@ibm.net> writes:
> Mumit,
> 	They worked fine....

Whew.

> 	Question.. If I wanted to build gcc 2.95, which snapshot should I use,
> and does ir include the patches at your ftp site.

Get the latest snapshot from ftp://egcs.cygnus.com/pub/egcs/snapshots/ ,
apply my patch (there is a "combined" patch file in the tarball in
addition to all the individual patches), and just build.

  $ mkdir objdir
  $ cd objdir
  $ CONFIG_SHELL=bash <srcdir>/configure -v \
    --prefix=/Cygnus/cygwin-b20 \
    --exec-prefix=/Cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32 \
    i586-cygwin32
  $ make bootstrap

Now here're the tricky parts:

  1. your prefix etc may be different
  2. make bootstrap will likely fail due to compare mismatch. Don't know
     why that happens, but since the testsuite does fine, I'm not going
     to worry about it now. This is what I do:

     $ make
     $ make install
     [add the new one to path]
     $ make clean
     $ make
     $ make install

Of course, it's much easier if you do it all on a Linux box ;-)

Good luck.

Regards,
Mumit