long time no snapshots

Chris Faylor cgf@cygnus.com
Thu Jul 15 12:03:00 GMT 1999

Corinna has reported that there haven't been any snapshots in a while.
When I investigated, I noted a problem in newlib, which I fixed.  That
was yesterday.

As you all probably have noted, there is no snapshot again today.  The
reason?  There's another problem in newlib that showed up further on.
I've fixed that too.

So, now I'm sure that there will be a snapshot tomorrow. :-)

This snapshot will hopefully fix a couple of long-standing races in
process creation and exiting that could be responsible for some of the
fork fixup errors that people have been seeing as well as some of the
sporadic problems that show up in make.

There also were some long-standing problems with CTRL-C handling that
should be fixed.

I've also changed strace to be a mingw utility rather than a cygwin
utility.  There are problems with CTRL-C handling in an straced process
currently that I will fix eventually, if no one else sends me a patch...

-chris