[ITA] giflib

Lemures Lemniscati lemures.lemniscati@gmail.com
Mon May 30 03:30:08 GMT 2022

On Sun, 29 May 2022 17:12:03 +0100, Jon Turney
> On 29/05/2022 12:45, Lemures Lemniscati wrote:
> > ITA for giflib, which has been maintained by Yaakov [1].
>
> Thanks. I added this to your authorized packages.

Thank you!

> Small comments on the .cygport:
>
> > # Patch files whose names are in a default style of 'git format-patch'
> > PATCH_URI+=$(\
> >   find -maxdepth 1 -type f -name '[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-*.patch' \
> >   | sort \
> > )
>
> Hmm... there's probably a case to be made that this is something that cygport should be doing automatically.
>
> It would certainly help with noticing when patches are removed from PATCH_URI but not from the source package repo...

This is an adhoc code.
I'm apt to be lazy to edit PATCH_URI for locally prepared patches... :).
In this case, I locally prepared patches because I didn't know how to
get the patches from the upstream URIs.

> > BUILD_REQUIRES="\
> >   cmake\
> >   ninja\
> > "
>
> I don't think these need to be listed because they are implied by the respective inherits.
>
> Certainly, if things are working as intended, scallywag can infer that.

I confirmed that it works without BUILD_REQUIRES (https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi?id=4261).
I'll remove it.

Thank you.

Lem