[ITP] dumpasn1

Federico Kircheis federico.kircheis@gmail.com
Sat May 14 14:58:36 GMT 2022

On 14 May 2022 13:24:08 UTC, Jon Turney <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk> wrote:
>On 11/05/2022 20:20, Federico Kircheis wrote:
>>

>> Hello to everyone,
>>
>> I'm interested in becoming a package maintainer for the program dumpasn1.
>> (see https://packages.debian.org/sid/dumpasn1 and https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/)
>>
>> It would be a new package for the cygwin distribution, but it is already
>> distributed on different systems, like Arch, Debian, Fedora, openSUSE,
>> Gentoo and many others
>>
>> .hint and .cygport files are attached
>>
>> As the name implies, it is a program for dumping data encoded using the ASN.1 encoding rules
>
>Thanks. I added this to your authorized packages.
>
>A few small comments on the cygport
>
>> HOMEPAGE="https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/"
>> SRC_URI="http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/dumpasn1/dumpasn1_${VERSION}.orig.tar.gz"
>
>I'm not sure that 'https://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/dumpasn1.c' isn't the correct SRC_URI.
>
>The debian packaging contains a manpage, which it might be useful to incorporate.
>
>> BUILD_REQUIRES=""
>> REQUIRES=""
>>
>> PKG_NAMES="dumpasn1"
>
>None of these are necessary, I think.

I've used the debian package ad it is a package that contains everything for creating the cygwin package (source+config), and provides a versioned source.

The URL you suggested is only the source file, and to be honest I do not know how to write the corresponding cygport file.
It also does not seem to be versioned.

Thus I would prefer to use the Debian source if it is not an issue.

I'll try removing the variables you mentioned.