python-future missing python 3.8 and 3.9 support

Libor Ukropec ace@seznam.cz
Wed May 4 23:04:34 GMT 2022

Dne 04.05.2022 v 0:15 Jon Turney napsal(a):
> On 03/05/2022 21:25, Libor Ukropec wrote:
>> Hello Jon, maintainers,
>>
>> who is now the maintainer of the python-future - Jon Turney?
>
> Yes, it seems to be me, I don't know quite why though...
Hello Jon,
in this case if you want to, I can take over the responsibility for this
package, just let me know.

>> The python-future supports only python 2.7, 3.6 and 3.7 and these are
>> basically obsolete. I'd like to add support for 3.8 and 3.9 - it
>> should allow me to support `duplicity` package with the latest python
>> (3.9).
>>
>> PYTHON_WHEEL_VERSIONS variable should help. Can I kindly ask someone
>
> Thanks.  I rebuilt python-future with this change.
That was quick, thank you.

Unfortunately because of the dependency hell (python paramiko => nacl,
and may be others) I cannot use the Python 3.9, still your work enables
me to use at least the Python 3.8 (where all dependencies are resolved),
which is great!

Regards,
Libor