[ITP] cygfuse -- cygport issues solved

Mark Geisert mark@maxrnd.com
Sun Mar 27 08:20:27 GMT 2022

Mark Geisert wrote:
> Hi Jon,
> Thanks for the helpful review comments.

cygport is a wondrous tool.  My issues were solved by making a simple tar.xz of my
local source tree, renaming it to have the version number expected by the cygport
script, placing that file and the cygport script in a test directory, then running
'cygport cygfuse.cygport prep'.  All the necessary subdirectories are then built
and the build, install, package steps run correctly.  Next is upload and announce.

I was making things more complicated than they needed to be.
cygport is a wondrous tool.  Thanks Yaakov!

..mark