how to obsolete now-removed subpackage?

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Jan 20 13:12:00 GMT 2022

On 1/20/2022 7:14 AM, Glenn Strauss wrote:
> lighttpd 1.4.64 removes long-deprecated packages,
> including mod_trigger_b4_dl (replaceable with a lua script, if needed)
>
> I am trying to build using lighttpd.cygport and after uploading package
> 1.4.64-1, I got errors, so I tried adding
>    PKG_OBSOLETES="lighttpd-mod_trigger_b4_dl"
> to lighttpd.cygport and building lighttpd.cyport package 1.4.64-2

> Am I using PKG_OBSOLETES incorrectly?

Yes.  The cygport manual says that PKG_OBSOLETES is "A single-line string
containing a list of package(s) which this package replaces....  Note that the
PKG_OBSOLETES name is descriptive rather than literal, where "PKG" should be
substituted with the name of the binary package whose contents it describes."

> Is there something else I need to do to remove this subpackage?

I think what you want is simply for lighttpd-mod_trigger_b4_dl to be empty,
which you can achieve with

  lighttpd_mod_trigger_b4_dl_CONTENTS=

Ken