hwloc pulls in clang

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 19:52:04 GMT 2022

On 10.01.2022 18:56, Achim Gratz wrote:

> The recent (still un-announced) update of hwloc pulls in clang via a
> dependency chain going through some OpenCL stuff.  Can this please be
> reverted?  Personally I'd rather live without whatever functionality is
> provided that way if that dependency cannot be made optional; also,
> clang is unmaintained on Cygwin for quite a while, so adding that
> dependency now seems wrong.
>

> Regards,
> Achim.

let me check

it seems an issue 2 levels below

@ libhwloc15
depends2: cygwin, libOpenCL1, libgcc1, libxml2

@ libOpenCL1
depends2: cygwin, libgcc1, libpocl2

@ libpocl2
depends2: clang, cygwin, libclang8, libhwloc15, libllvm8, libltdl7,
libpocl-common, libstdc++6

I will rebuild hwloc disabling at all the usage of OpenCL,
that in any case by default is NOT used.

   --disable-opencl
       Disable the OpenCL device discovery build (instead
       of only disabling OpenCL at runtime by default)

Regards
Marco