calm: cygwin package upload report for Pierre A. Humblet

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Wed Feb 9 14:54:02 GMT 2022

On 09/02/2022 14:22, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2022 at 08:34:16AM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>> On 2/8/2022 4:11 PM, cygwin-apps-rDBXBDvO6BXQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org wrote:
>>> WARNING: copying 'exim-4.95-1.hint' to 'exim-4.95-1-src.hint'
>>> INFO: srcpkg exim-4.95-1-src.tar.xz contains 0 .cygport files
>>> INFO: cannot determine homepage: from srcpkg exim-4.95-1-src.tar.xz
>>> ERROR: package 'exim': required key 'homepage' missing
>>> ERROR: errors while parsing hints for package 'exim'
>>> ERROR: error parsing /sourceware/cygwin-staging/home/Pierre A. Humblet/x86_64/release/exim/exim-4.95-1-src.hint
>>> ERROR: error while reading uploaded arch x86_64 packages from maintainer Pierre A. Humblet
>>> SUMMARY: 1 WARNING(s), 2 INFO(s), 4 ERROR(s)
>>
>> Exim is a legacy package not relying on cygport.
>>
>> Looks like calm is not happy with that.
>>
>> Can it be convinced to accept it, like it used to?
>
> The note that there's no cygport file is only marked as "INFO"; the
> error appears to be that there's no homepage listed in the .hint file.
>
> I don't know what you're doing to generate the .hint files without
> cygport -- all the packages I maintain use cygport -- but I expect you
> just need to update whatever your process is to add the homepage.

It's a little more complex than that due to just how legacy the
packaging for exim is.

I'd hugely prefer to spend my time helping you to migrate to a more
recent packaging style than writing and testing hacks to allow this
upload (and supporting that for the rest of time).

Nevertheless, this one time, if you:

* leave this package in your upload area after a failed upload
* tell me what the homepage is for exim

I'll manually move it into place.