tcsh /etc/default files

Sat Feb 5 10:20:45 GMT 2022

On Feb  5 08:02, Achim Gratz wrote:

> I'm not certain if I ever discussed this before, but the recent tcsh
> update reminded me that I think the defaults should be changed a little
> bit.  First off, running the scripts in profile.d should IMHO be done in
> csh.login to ensure it's only done once.  Secondly the (optional)
> cleaning up of the PATH variable already introduced for all POSIX shells
> in base-files years ago should be replicated for tcsh.  Lastly, since
> /usr/bin/ and /bin are the same thing on Cygwin, one of them is
> redundant and placement of /usr/local/bin should be left at the
> discretion of the user since tha directory does not exist by default on
> Cygwin.

Fine with me, but these files are not part of the distro package
only.  They are part of the upstream tcsh package and just copied
into the right place by a cygwin-specific postinstall step, also
part of the upstream Makefile.

I'm going to send the patch upstream, with a very minor tweak it
applies cleanly.

Thanks,