[ITP] aide 0.17.3

Thu Sep 30 00:07:38 GMT 2021

On 2021-09-29 08:27, Jason Pyeron wrote:
> On Friday, July 30, 2021 10:34 AM, Jason Pyeron wrote:
>> AIDE - Advanced Intrusion Detection Environment
>> https://github.com/aide/aide/
>> It is a GPL v2 tool for monitoring file system changes.
>> There was no (mature?) Windows open source solution until AIDE was built and tested for
>> Cygwin. This fills a long standing gap in needs.
>> Closed source alternative - Trip Wire.
>> It is packaged and shipped with most Linux distributions - I am most familiar with the
>> RHEL packaging.
>> I have built and tested the most recent stable and development versions.
>> I will track the development versions for test package releases.
>> Category Security.
>> Thoughts?

Good idea for those in commercial or exposed environments.

> There has been no response. It has been in test locally for 2 months now.
> May I push the cygport to git and provide a test release?
> Upstream has expressed willingness to review/track patches, if needed.

Normally you provide a link to a net location holding copies of the
package cygport and any patches, source package tarball and hint, binary
package tarballs and hints for both arches.

Now you can also add those to a local package git repo playground
branch, and force push it to the playground branch of remote repo
ssh://cygwin@cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/playground and provide links
to the CI job:

	https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi?srcpkg=playground

and scallywag run logs:

	https://github.com/cygwin/scallywag/actions/runs/...

Have a look at my recent submissions for an idea of what is expected,
and feel free to reply with comments and hopefully a +1! ;^>