Please remove a tag 'playground' accidentally pushed to git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs.git

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Mon Sep 20 11:48:31 GMT 2021

On 20/09/2021 07:24, Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2021 07:50:29 +0200, ASSI
>> Lemures Lemniscati via Cygwin-apps writes:
>>> I've accidentally pushed a tag named 'playground' to the repository
>>> ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs
>>> ( https://cygwin.com/git/?p=git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs.git )
>>>
>>> Anyone with the privilege, please remove the tag 'playground' from the
>>> repo above.
>>
>> Just
>>
>> git push repo :playground

For somewhat obscure reasons, this is only permitted (by the gitolite
configuration used) if 'playground' is a branch reference, not a tag.

>> where "repo" names the corresponding remote.
>>

> Thanks.
> But, I tried it, and failed.
>
> --------
> $ git push repo :playground
> remote: FATAL: + refs/tags/playground git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs Lemures_Lemniscati DENIED by fallthru
> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/tags/playground
> To ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs
>   ! [remote rejected] playground (hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/schroedinger-coordgenlibs'
> --------
>
> I tried also...
>
>    git push repo --delete playground
>
> and the result was same.