gnulib m4/threadlib.m4 bug crashing package tests

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon Nov 29 16:39:40 GMT 2021

Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps writes:
> You're right, I was wrong.  Here's the gnulib test program for anyone
> else who wants to look at this:
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #pragma weak fputs
> int main ()
> {
>   return (fputs == NULL);
> }
>
> As you said, this used to return 1, but now it returns 0 on 64-bit.

The root cause of this mystery is almost surely in binutils, this area
was touched when they moved the default base address past the 4GiB
boundary (obviously that's a 64bit only change and it only affects PE
targets).  I still have to figure out if I need to pull in a patch from
after the release or revert commits that went into 2.37.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: