[ITA] nghttp2, mingw64-{x86_64,i686}-nghttp2

Sat May 29 04:37:01 GMT 2021

On 2021-05-28 17:18, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2021-05-28 12:33, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> On 28.05.2021 19:06, Brian Inglis wrote:
>>> Noticing some more libraries used by curl and wget/2 that were outdated
>>> and orphaned, I decided to take a look at building updates and would now
>>> like to adopt them.
>>>
>>> The list below shows the distributed packages, links to the Git Cygwin
>>> Package repos (see playground branches), Appveyor CI builds and logs
>>> for those who prefer looking at those, and links to Google drive folders
>>> with all the usual files and archives for others.
>>>
>>> I have issues building python2/27/3/36 modules, and/or which to obsolete.
>>
>> you can drop all.
>> Python2.7 is dead upstream and Python3.6 will be at end of 2021
>>
>> https://www.python.org/downloads/
>
> I would appreciate advice on how to structure obsoleting the existing packages:
>
> python-nghttp2
> python2-nghttp2
> python27-nghttp2
> python3-nghttp2
> python36-nghttp2
>
> given replacement packages python37-nghttp2 and python38-nghttp2.
> I can define all those as empty packages for the proposed release,
> but which should obsolete what to get the appropriate replacements?
> Should I define the following packages e.g.:
>
>   python2-nghttp2 dummy obsoletes   python-nghttp2
> python27-nghttp2 dummy obsoletes  python2-nghttp2
>   python3-nghttp2 dummy obsoletes python27-nghttp2
> python36-nghttp2 dummy obsoletes  python3-nghttp2
> python37-nghttp2 real  obsoletes python36-nghttp2
> python38-nghttp2 real  stands alone for now?

I have changed the cygport to do the above and the results are here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ee4KNQ6EaTnh8MkqbLNxnEpBaw3JOaFk

until I can get git-cygwin-packages working again - see below!

>> Changed maintainership to you (only for them this time)
>
> Thank you very much - appreciate that!
> Repology.org dropped the extraneous maintainership adds/removes ;^>

Do I also have ownership of:
ssh://cygwin@cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/{,mingw64-{x86_64,i686}-}nghttp2.git?

I am getting the following responses whenever I try to push to either playground
or master branches!

I have been pushing to playground for days while testing with no problems.

FYI I have ssh host *cygwin* defined as *cygwin@cygwin.com* with specific key;
git seems to get confused if I use the full cygwin@cygwin.com ssh login string.

$ git push
Enumerating objects: 11, done.
Counting objects: 100% (11/11), done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads
Compressing objects: 100% (7/7), done.
Writing objects: 100% (9/9), 2.23 KiB | 326.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 9 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
remote: 'there can be only one!' at /sourceware1/cygwin-staging/gitolite.git/src/VREF/HIGHLANDER line 27.
remote: FATAL: VREF/HIGHLANDER/cygport: helper program exit status 65280
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/playground
To ssh://cygwin/git/cygwin-packages/nghttp2
  ! [remote rejected]           playground -> playground (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://cygwin/git/cygwin-packages/nghttp2'
$ git checkout master
$ git push
Enumerating objects: 19, done.
Counting objects: 100% (19/19), done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads
Compressing objects: 100% (13/13), done.
Writing objects: 100% (15/15), 3.03 KiB | 443.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 15 (delta 5), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
remote: 'there can be only one!' at /sourceware1/cygwin-staging/gitolite.git/src/VREF/HIGHLANDER line 27.
remote: FATAL: VREF/HIGHLANDER/cygport: helper program exit status 65280
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
To ssh://cygwin/git/cygwin-packages/nghttp2.git
  ! [remote rejected]           master -> master (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://cygwin/git/cygwin-packages/nghttp2.git'