duplicate between packages

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu May 20 16:26:04 GMT 2021

On 4/26/2021 11:45 PM, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> Hi Maintainers,
>
> as I just found 2 of my packages colliding with same program name
>
> $ cygcheck -f /usr/bin/ncgen
> hdf4-4.2.15-3
> netcdf-4.8.0-2
>
> as one is much older than the other, the installation sequence
> can give some inconsistencies in the system.
>
> So I checked on my /etc/setup how many duplicates there are
> and it seems also other package has the same problem

>        2 usr/bin/pygmentex

This and the other pygmentex duplicates you found are due to a packaging error,
in which I included pygmentex in both texlive-collection-latexextra and
texlive-collection-mathscience.  I've just fixed this with an update of
texlive-collection-mathscience.

>        2 usr/bin/t1ascii.exe
>        2 usr/bin/t1asm.exe
>        2 usr/bin/t1binary.exe
>        2 usr/bin/t1disasm.exe
>        2 usr/bin/t1mac.exe
>        2 usr/bin/t1unmac.exe

These are in t1utils as well as texlive.  The t1utils package is currently
orphaned, and the upstream package is included in TeX Live
(https://ctan.org/pkg/t1utils?lang=en).  So I'm inclined to ignore this for now.
  If anyone ever wants to take over maintainership of t1utils, we can discuss
what to do.

>        2 usr/share/man/man1/pdfdetach.1.gz
>        2 usr/share/man/man1/pdffonts.1.gz
>        2 usr/share/man/man1/pdfimages.1.gz
>        2 usr/share/man/man1/pdfinfo.1.gz
>        2 usr/share/man/man1/pdftohtml.1.gz
>        2 usr/share/man/man1/pdftoppm.1.gz
>        2 usr/share/man/man1/pdftops.1.gz
>        2 usr/share/man/man1/pdftotext.1.gz

This is another packaging bug.  The files are included in both xpdf and poppler,
but they should only be in poppler.  I'll fix it when xpdf is next updated.

>        2 usr/share/texmf-dist/doc/generic/tex-ini-files/README.md

And another one.  This is in both texlive-collection-basic and
texlive-collection-basic-doc.  I'll fix it in the next update.

Ken