cygport test has zero exit status on failures

Jason Pyeron jpyeron@pdinc.us
Tue May 18 19:17:53 GMT 2021

Which is why I want the tests to fail - so it causes patches to be created... and pushed upstream.

> explicitly considered a target platform or (even then) treated wrongly
> in different ways, so even when building natively you will encounter
> your fair share of spurious test fails.
>
> > It seems silly to have to redefine src_test() as {
> >         cd ${B}
> >         make check
> > }, just to have a failure exit code if the test fail.
>
> It would be equally silly the other way around in a different set of
> circumstances.  But yes, making this configurable might be useful, but
> this should then be done in the local configuration, not in the cygport
> file.

If I put it in ~/.config/cygport.conf it will impact all packages, not just the "one". The only place it is limited to applicable package is in the package.cygport file, or am I missing something?

e.g.

$ cat pdfgrep.cygport
NAME="pdfgrep"
VERSION=2.1.2
RELEASE=1
CATEGORY="Text"
SUMMARY="Command-line utility for searching text in PDFs"
DESCRIPTION="Pdfgrep is a tool to search text in PDF files. It works much
like grep, with one distinction: it operates on pages and not on lines."
HOMEPAGE="https://pdfgrep.org/"
SRC_URI="https://pdfgrep.org/download/pdfgrep-${VERSION}.tar.gz"

# git format-patch --stdout v2.1.2..cygwin-2.1.2 > v2.1.2..cygwin-2.1.2.patch
PATCH_URI="v2.1.2..cygwin-2.1.2.patch"

BUILD_REQUIRES="asciidoc gcc-g++ libpoppler-cpp-devel libgcrypt-devel libpcre-devel dejagnu texlive-collection-latex"

src_test() {
        cd ${B}
        make check
}