pdfgrep [ITA]

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sun May 9 19:54:57 GMT 2021

On 09.05.2021 20:22, Jason Pyeron wrote:

>>> pull it up to the latest version (2.1.2),
>
> 2 Issues encountered and mitigated.
>
> 1. There are some significant changes in the functionality of 2.1.2 vs 1.4.1.
> 2. The tool chain has evolved a bit since 2016, so the current 1.4.1-1 release would not build anymore, so I have updated the cygport as release 2.
>
> So I have built both 1.4.1 and 2.1.2 on Windows Server 2019 with all updates installed.
>
>>> check the patches for the
>>> major Linux distros (if any, Fedora does not for instance) and make sure
>
> I started with pdfgrep's master branch, so when the next release is made there should not be any surprises. But I did not yet review other distro's patches. I can make master branch builds available as test marked packages, but need guidance on version number and release numbering first.
>
> I have not pushed my changes outside of my private repo, as I expect that there will be some editorial change requests along with any additional patching.
>
>>> it works on both 32bit and 64bit architecture and show the result.
>
> How should I force cygport to run `make check`? In other words how do I link the `cygport test` command to `make check` ? I read the cygport docs, but README and html/manual/src_test_cygpart.html were not helpful.

`cygport pdfgrep.cygport check` will run make check.

the default test method is

src_test() {
         cd ${B}
         cygmake check
}

On my build, it is all failing
and the binary itself is not really functional

$ ./pdfgrep.exe --help
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
   what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
Aborted (core dumped)

Same for your binary

May be some other patches are needed ?

General suggestion:
- add BUILD_REQUIRES="libpcre-devel  libgcrypt-devel libpoppler-cpp-devel"

the test suite seems to need tcl so you may need to add more packages