pdfgrep [ITA]

Jason Pyeron jpyeron@pdinc.us
Sun May 9 18:22:39 GMT 2021

2 Issues encountered and mitigated.

1. There are some significant changes in the functionality of 2.1.2 vs 1.4.1.
2. The tool chain has evolved a bit since 2016, so the current 1.4.1-1 release would not build anymore, so I have updated the cygport as release 2.

So I have built both 1.4.1 and 2.1.2 on Windows Server 2019 with all updates installed.

> > check the patches for the
> > major Linux distros (if any, Fedora does not for instance) and make sure

I started with pdfgrep's master branch, so when the next release is made there should not be any surprises. But I did not yet review other distro's patches. I can make master branch builds available as test marked packages, but need guidance on version number and release numbering first.

I have not pushed my changes outside of my private repo, as I expect that there will be some editorial change requests along with any additional patching.

> > it works on both 32bit and 64bit architecture and show the result.

How should I force cygport to run `make check`? In other words how do I link the `cygport test` command to `make check` ? I read the cygport docs, but README and html/manual/src_test_cygpart.html were not helpful.

> Will do this weekend.

The 1.4.1 built artifacts can be reviewed here:

https://www.pdinc.us/ci/job/oss-cygwin-pdfgrep-1.4.1-x64/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/pdfgrep-1.4.1-2.x86_64/dist/

https://www.pdinc.us/ci/job/oss-cygwin-pdfgrep-1.4.1-x86/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/pdfgrep-1.4.1-2.i686/dist/

The 2.1.2 built artifacts can be reviewed here:

https://www.pdinc.us/ci/job/oss-cygwin-pdfgrep-2.1.2-x64/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/pdfgrep-2.1.2-1.x86_64/dist/

https://www.pdinc.us/ci/job/oss-cygwin-pdfgrep-2.1.2-x86/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/pdfgrep-2.1.2-1.i686/dist/

v/r,

Jason Pyeron