git repositories for cygwin packaging - please test

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sun May 9 14:39:22 GMT 2021

On 23/08/2020 22:01, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 27/05/2020 23:27, Jon Turney wrote:
>> On 04/08/2019 21:08, Jon Turney wrote:
>>> To remedy this lack, using the same ssh key you use for sftp package
>>> upload, package maintainers can now also push to git repositories,
>>> like so:
>>
>> Package maintainers may have noticed that the output from pushing to
>> these git repositories now includes a line like:
>>
>> "remote: scallywag: build nnn queued"
>>
>> This is a *prototype* of a system to automatically build the packages,
>> where the results appear (some time later) at [1] (URL subject to change)
>>
>> [1] https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi
>>
>> Currently, many packages will fail to build correctly due to:
>
> I now have built an (opt-in) system which fetches the packages built by
> this into your upload area and triggers calm to process them, which I'm
> looking for a volunteer to test.

Since that seems to be working about as well as can be expected, I've
bodged together something so maintainers can now opt themselves in (and
out) of this, by uploading (or removing) a file called '!scallywag'
containing 'deploy' in the root of their upload area.

I've updated the brief documentation at [1] to mention this.

[1] https://cygwin.com/packaging/build.html

I'm still not crazy about using AppVeyor as the back-end for this, but
unless someone wants to donate some compute resources...