duplicate between packages (libuninameslist)

Lemures Lemniscati lemures.lemniscati@gmail.com
Sun May 2 01:47:06 GMT 2021

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 05:45:40 +0200, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps
> So I checked on my /etc/setup how many duplicates there are
> and it seems also other package has the same problem
>
> Some are not an issue, but on the binaries I can not judge

> $ cd /etc/setup
> $ zcat *.lst.gz | sed '/\/$/d' | sort |uniq -c | awk '$1 > 1'

>        2 usr/share/doc/libuninameslist/COPYING
>        2 usr/share/doc/libuninameslist/LICENSE

About libuninameslist (which I maintain), these files are contained in:

  libuninameslist0-20091231-1
  libuninameslist-devel-20200413p3-1

When I updated libuninameslist packages, I've moved the files from
libuninameslist[01] into libuninameslist-devel.

So, duplication will last until libuninamelist0 is removed.

To reduce the duplication, I should make libuninameslist0-20091231-2
in some way (e.g. removing duplicated files, or renaming them).

I wonder what is a good way...

Regards,

Lem