setup 2.906 release candidate - please test

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Wed Mar 17 21:16:03 GMT 2021

Am 17.03.2021 um 21:02 schrieb Jon Turney:

> A new setup release candidate is available at:
>
>   https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.906.x86_64.exe (64 bit version)
>   https://cygwin.com/setup/setup-2.906.x86.exe    (32 bit version)
>
> Please test, and report any problems here.
I feel the need to take this occasion to woe about the terrible UI of
setup. Two years or more ago there was a major revision, sarcastically
accompanied by the comment the UI would have been pushed forward to the
90s. Before that, you could simply select a package by clicking one (!)
checkbox. Since then, you have to open a popup, scroll to the latest
version and click that. This multiplies the effort to do selections
significantly and it's quite a nuisance.

> This is not the place for setup feature requests.
It's not a feature as it was much better before; it's a regression. Can
we please get back a fast-usable interface?
Thomas