scallywag / cygport not pulling lzip

ASSI Stromeko@nexgo.de
Tue Jan 12 19:46:10 GMT 2021

Brian Inglis writes:
> Currently mirrors.html states 160GB total.

I'm only mirroring the stuff that setup might actually use.  The other
mirror, as I said is only what setup actually uses, plus one previous
version plus the sources of that.

> Rsync delta download data transfer quantities are still significant on
> metered or limited accounts with high overage charges: mirror storage
> cost is trivial by comparison.

Storage doesn't cost anything apparently so I'd not worry about it.
I've been using a metered connection over modem for long enough to know
how it feels to run an 8 hour download to get all the stuff for the next
update.  But these days pretty much anybody expects you to be able to
download another GiB each month and in the grand scheme of things Cygwin
doesn't really matter unless you insist on downloading everything ( and
even then that is only once).

> Parents are being hit with $Ks monthly overage charges run up by their
> kids downloading and running games on multiple devices, or cut off
> after hitting their limit if they block overages, which prevents
> access to school or work until the next month capacity allowance kicks
> in!

That's not something we can help with, really.

Regards,
Achim.