Fixing moreutils Git repo

Adam Dinwoodie adam@dinwoodie.org
Mon Jan 4 10:39:34 GMT 2021

Somewhere along the way I seem to have unsubscribed from this list,
and therefore managed to miss a bunch of development with the Git
repositories at https://cygwin.com/git-cygwin-packages/. As a result I
thought they were still naive repositories with no fancy logic or
automation, and my first experiments with the moreutils repo have
created a branch I'd like to force-push to or delete, but am blocked
by the hooks.

Would it be possible for someone with the relevant access to either
delete the "next" branch from the moreutils repo, or delete the repo
wholesale so I can recreate it (with more care) from scratch?

Tangentially, is there any clear documentation on what functions these
repos have these days? There's some info at
https://cygwin.com/packaging/repos.html, but (for example) that makes
no mention of the build automation that clearly now exists, nor of any
branch protection. And while I can go through the mailing list
archives, that also requires reading through a bunch of messages that
are going to be no longer relevant.