[RFE] calm needs to know about ZStandard compressed archives

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Sun Jan 3 15:57:50 GMT 2021

Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps writes:
> We will also need to modify cygport to stop automatically add
> OBSOLETES as most of this packages never existed

I think the right thing to do is to stop having actual packages for
OBSOLETES and just emit the obsoltes: hint instead.

> an overall cleaning of obsoletes package may be useful in the
> near future. I need to work on it.

The mailing list is full of folks that seem to update their
installations only after several years, so while I'm all for removing
the empty packages, the obsolete hints need to stay.

Regards,
Achim.