[Attn. Maintainers] prepare your packages for release of perl-5.32

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 19:07:08 GMT 2021

On 06.02.2021 17:13, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Achim Gratz writes:
>> Please prepare your packages for the release of perl-5.32 and report on
>> this list about their status.  The one package that I intend to wait for
>> the release is subversion-perl, everything else either is under my
>> maintenance already or can be updated slightly later without too much
>> disturbance based on the last two updates of Perl.
>
> These are the source packages that touch the previous Perl installations
> (some of these weren't updated for perl-5.30, so I checked perl-5.26
> also) and need updating for perl-5.32:

we will need some extra work or adopting

GraphicsMagick                               Marco Atzeri
ImageMagick                                  Marco Atzeri
biber                                        Ken Brown
graphviz                                     Yaakov Selkowitz
libproxy                                     Yaakov Selkowitz
libsolv                                      Jon Turney
link-grammar                                 Yaakov Selkowitz
marisa                                       Yaakov Selkowitz
ming                                         ORPHANED (Dr. Volker Zell)
net-snmp                                     David Rothenberger
nginx                                        Yaakov Selkowitz
openbabel                                    Lemures Lemniscati
openwsman                                    Yaakov Selkowitz
po4a                                         Erwin Waterlander
pristine-tar                                 Jari Aalto
sendxmpp                                     Jari Aalto
stow                                         Andrew Schulman
subversion                                   Marco Atzeri
xfconf                                       Yaakov Selkowitz
zbar                                         Yaakov Selkowitz
zinnia                                       Yaakov Selkowitz

> Please note that I can't easily figure out if a package uses an embedded
> Perl interpreter or sets up its own installation paths for Perl modules.
> These packages have previously been determined to fall under that
> category (some may have dropped that dependency in the meantime, but the
> maintainer would hopefully know):

gdal                                         Marco Atzeri
cgit                                         Yaakov Selkowitz
git                                          Adam Dinwoodie
stgit                                        Jari Aalto
grepmail                                     Jari Aalto
irssi                                        Marco Atzeri
postgresql                                   Marco Atzeri
rxvt                                         Yaakov Selkowitz
texinfo                                      Ken Brown
weechat                                      Sebastien Helleu
znc                                          Alexey Sokolov

> Regards,
> Achim.

Thanks
Marco