scallywag zp_texlive_finish.dash failing exit code 2 rebuilding installed formats

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Tue Aug 24 14:57:48 GMT 2021

On 8/23/2021 8:26 PM, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2021-08-23 15:08, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>
>>> That would require a TeX-y who knows the TeX relationships of the files.
>>>  From what I can see jadetex and pdfjadtex are used by docbook-utils,
>
>> OK, so docbook-utils definitely needs texlive-collection-formatsextra, which
>> is what I hoped to avoid.  In that case, it's probably not worth checking
>> whether it needs the other dependencies of texlive-collection-htmlxml.
>> And jadetex needs texlive-collection-fontsrecommended for marvosym, so I need
>> to fix the dependencies of texlive-collection-formatsextra.  I'll do that
>> shortly.
>
> Thanks Ken
>
>> Thanks for reporting the problem.
>
> I will trim back the BUILD_REQUIRES to ...formatsextra (and ...plaingeneric? for
> html?) without other additions to see if zp_texlive_finish.dash completes under
> scallywag and also whether the package builds with just those packages.

Why do you need explicit texlive build dependencies at all?  If what you really
need is docbook-utils, you should just require it and let it pull in whatever
texlive collections are needed.  This should work now that I've fixed formatsextra.

Ken