[ITA] man-db

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Wed Apr 28 18:38:19 GMT 2021

David Allsopp via Cygwin-apps writes:
> (Apologies if this should go the main Cygwin list)

It probably should have, but while you're here…

> This version of the package removes the dependency on libiconv, which
> means that the base Cygwin install no longer includes the iconv
> command.
>
> Was that an intentional consequence?

These are at least two separate concerns.

There does not seem to be any dependence of man-db on libiconv, so I
dropped it off the list of dependencies.  That may have been a false
negative since libiconv is unusual in that it also packages a binary and
not just a DLL dependence.  I will check that again when I find the
time.

If the iconv command should be available in a base install, then it
needs to be part of category Base and not rely on whatever dependency
that pulls it in by chance.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: