eccodes

brendan detracey brendandetracey@yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 21:53:21 GMT 2021

That worked Marco. Thanks guys!How did "cygmake test" know it had to call "ctest"? In the eccodes instructions, "ctest" is the command.

Why doesn't cygport automatically symlink the cyg*dll files for tests?

-------------------------brendandetracey@yahoo.com

    On Sunday, April 11, 2021, 04:43:41 p.m. ADT, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com> wrote:

 On 11.04.2021 20:53, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2021-04-11 12:01, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> brendan detracey via Cygwin-apps writes:
>>> eccodes builds out of the box, more or less. However, all tests fail
>>> because the cyg*.dll's weren't copied to ${B}/bin. (They were handled
>>> properly when built without cygport i.e. copied from src and fortran
>>> subdirs of the build dir.)
>>
>> Hard to say without a log why that happens, but you should start with
>> checking whether the copy is even attempted.
>
> DLLs should be built in $B/.../, installed in $D/bin/, and the tests
> have to run with $D/bin/ in their path.
> Not sure if this is automatic, you may have to override src_test, or
> patch the test setup to add that.

Brendan,
no idea why on your build the installation is under /usr/local
for me everything is in the right place.
Please verify if you have some settings interfering

Attached version that allows tests to be passed

Regards
Marco