cygport announce fails unable to find mailserver

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sat Oct 24 23:50:47 GMT 2020

On 25/10/2020 00:19, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2020-10-24 16:21, Brian Inglis wrote:
>>>
>>> I use it.  You have to set several SMTP_* variables in your ~/.cygport.conf.  If
>>> you don't already have that file, copy /etc/cygport.conf to ~/.cygport.conf and
>>> edit it.
>>
>> Thanks, already set up with SMTP_SERVER=smtp which is all I need from my home
>> ISP connection for all SMTP clients (POP3, web, mobile needs user and password).
>> Nothing else is required (yet)!
>
> Hacked out the perl code into a file and got it running and failing.
> Added Net:SMTP() Debug parameter and set it.
> Problem is ISP SMTP MX will not accept localhost.localdomain as EHLO/HELO
> maildomain!

Whatever you are doing it spamming cygwin-announce with messages which
are (fortunately) being held due to 'Message has implicit destination'.

I rejected all the held mails, but please stop.