git repositories for cygwin packaging - please test

Mon Nov 16 22:54:47 GMT 2020

On 2020-11-16 15:16, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 16/11/2020 21:54, Brian Inglis wrote:
>>>
>>> Package maintainers may have noticed that the output from pushing to these
>>> git repositories now includes a line like:
>>>
>>> "remote: scallywag: build nnn queued"
>>>
>>> This is a *prototype* of a system to automatically build the packages, where
>>> the results appear (some time later) at [1] (URL subject to change)
>>>
>>> [1] https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi
>>
>>> To allow experimentation without messing up the version history unnecessarily:
>>>
>>> - All package repositories allow the maintainer(s) to create, push, rewind
>>> and delete a branch named 'playground'.
>>>
>>> - An additional package repository called 'playground' exists, that all
>>> maintainers can do anything to.
>>
>> Could anyone please check and advise if the attached .git/config will allow me
>> to push to the playground repo and later branch for testing, or demo the
>> appropriate .git/config entries or git config commands to do so properly?
>
> To push to the playground repo, I generally just use 'git push
> ssh://cygwin@cygwin.com/git/cygwin-packages/playground.git -f'.

Thanks, the -f did it, but I've "-f'ed" myself a lot with git, so avoid it.

> The URLs in that config don't look quite right, since they seem to have hostname
> of just 'cygwin'?

My ~/.ssh/config has "host" names for orgs and systems, but some programs
(git?/lftp?/sftp?/?) get confused if you use those in other connection strings:
"what do you mean 'cygwin@cygwin.com@cygwin@cygwin.com.com'", but your git
command also worked without complaints.

>> Is there any way to move tags to a later commit once pushed?
>> I have one in wget that can't be deleted or forced because of the hook fallthru.
>
> tags don't have any particular significance, at the moment.
>
> I removed the wget '1.20.3-2' tag for you.

Cheers, thanks!
I will wait until finished changing and reviews before pushing tags in future.

>> Finally are there other CI jobs.cgi?params=... other than id, e.g.
>> jobs.cgi?by=Brian+Inglis?
>
> Not at this time.  I agree it would be nice if you could filter by the various
> columns.
>
> The jobs.cgi script script is tiny (see [1]), if you want to make improvements.
>
> [1] https://cygwin.com/git/?p=cygwin-apps/scallywag.git;a=blob;f=jobs.cgi

Not at this time. Would bloat up your tiny script! ;^>