git repositories for cygwin packaging - please test

Mon Nov 16 21:54:38 GMT 2020

On 2020-05-27 16:27, Jon Turney wrote:
> On 04/08/2019 21:08, Jon Turney wrote:
>> To remedy this lack, using the same ssh key you use for sftp package upload,
>> package maintainers can now also push to git repositories, like so:
>
> Package maintainers may have noticed that the output from pushing to these git
> repositories now includes a line like:
>
> "remote: scallywag: build nnn queued"
>
> This is a *prototype* of a system to automatically build the packages, where the
> results appear (some time later) at [1] (URL subject to change)
>
> [1] https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi

> To allow experimentation without messing up the version history unnecessarily:
>
> - All package repositories allow the maintainer(s) to create, push, rewind and
> delete a branch named 'playground'.
>
> - An additional package repository called 'playground' exists, that all
> maintainers can do anything to.

Could anyone please check and advise if the attached .git/config will allow me
to push to the playground repo and later branch for testing, or demo the
appropriate .git/config entries or git config commands to do so properly?

Is there any way to move tags to a later commit once pushed?
I have one in wget that can't be deleted or forced because of the hook fallthru.

Finally are there other CI jobs.cgi?params=... other than id, e.g.
jobs.cgi?by=Brian+Inglis?