[ITA] wget

Sat Nov 14 22:15:04 GMT 2020

On 2020-11-14 08:19, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Brian Inglis writes:
>>> Yes, my time for cygwin has greatly diminished, so you are welcome to
>>> take over wget.
>>
>> Thanks Eric, good to know you're keeping so busy, expected under the circumstances!
>>
>> Not a great effort as there should be no to few more wget releases.
>
> Your latest wget release is configured differently for 32bit and 64bit,
> most likely due to missing dependencies / development packages.  Since
> the BUILD_REQUIRES are completely missing it doesn't build at all on the
> CI.

I rebuilt with the original cygport updated minimally.
This is one of those packages that advertises minimal dependencies and documents
none AFAICT.
Is there a way of determining desirable, useful, or additional dependencies?

I found cygcares-2.dll was missing(!) from cygwin 32, so reinstalled it, and
libnpth-devel was not installed in either arch, so installed those, added all
the lib...-devel and tools dependencies to BUILD_REQUIRES, and all the relevant
configure --with/out-... options, so now both arches build with only minor
--version output differences.

Is it sufficiently worth while to resolve with a release -2 package, as there
may be no further upstream releases of the package, other than replacement by
wget2?