cygport ... install starts in cwd but ... all does not

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue May 19 17:43:22 GMT 2020

On 18.05.2020 17:47, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2020-05-17 02:13, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> On 17.05.2020 08:45, Brian Inglis wrote:
>>> When rerunning a cygport build with "cygport *.cygport all" after fixing up
>>> problems stage by stage, "doicon $NAME.png" at the start of src_install, before
>>> "cd/pushd ${B}" fails with fatal message "*** ERROR: file $NAME.png does not
>>> exist", whereas rerunning "cygport *.cygport install" succeeds without any
>>> messages.
>>>
>>> Even changing cd to pushd, and adding popd at the end of each src_... function,
>>> does not solve the issue.
>>>
>>> The package does not include an icon, so I downloaded something suitable to the
>>> same package directory as the $NAME.cygport and *.patch PATCH_URI files.
>>>
>>> Any alternative approaches that anyone can suggest might work?
>>>

>> can we see the file ?
>> May be is a banal issue that you are oversighting
>
> Doh - of course - attached!

Hi Brian,
may be also the patches ?

Anyway removing most of the cygport to fake the compilation
and installation and putting just some pwd before and after the
pushd/popd to see what is happening:

$ cygport tek4010.cygport compile
 >>> Compiling tek4010-1.5-1.x86_64
/pub/tmp
/pub/tmp/tek4010-1.5-1.x86_64/build
/pub/tmp

$ cygport tek4010.cygport install
 >>> Installing tek4010-1.5-1.x86_64
/pub/tmp
*** ERROR: file Tek4010.png does not exist

so you need a pushd ${S} before

     doicon Tek4010.png
     pushd ${B}

Regards