cygport upload

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Mar 27 16:27:12 GMT 2020

On 27/03/2020 16:15, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 27.03.2020 um 16:41 schrieb Jon Turney:

>>> OK, works. Can lftp or cygport be configured so that lftp does not
>>> ask for a password? Or to use sftp instead?
>>
>> I don't know of any configuration for lftp to turn off that behaviour
>> (which is arguably a defect in lftp), but that's probably something
>> you could investigate for yourself.
>>
>> I am not sure why lftp is used instead of sftp, possibly it is
>> insufficiently scriptable to do what cygport wants to do.
>>
>>> Uploading the two Unicode packages, I got this response:
>>>
>>> ERROR: package '/sourceware/cygwin-staging/home/Thomas
>>> Wolff/noarch/release/unicode-cldr' is not in the package list
>>> ERROR: package '/sourceware/cygwin-staging/home/Thomas
>>> Wolff/noarch/release/unicode-cldr/unicode-cldr-emoji-annotation' is
>>> not in the package list
>>> SUMMARY: 2 ERROR(s)
>>
>> Ah, right.
>>
>> I've updated cygwin-pkg-maint and made the appropriate adjustment.
>>
>> There still seems to be a problem with the form of the version number
>> you've chosen, however.
> Yes, calm complains about
>
> '-' in version
>
> but 36-1 is the version format used upstream. Do I need to convert it?

Looking at http://cldr.unicode.org/index/download, I see it called 36.1

The fact that the upstream filename contains '36-1' alone doesn't seem
sufficient to grant an exception.

>> I am not quite clear how unicode-cldr replaces
>> unicode-cldr-emoji-annotation, if we have anything which requires it
>> to build, since it doesn't appear to provide the .pc file that did.
> Please elaborate. I do not see any .pc file in the previous package.
> The new package include /usr/share/unicode/cldr/common/annotations
> (which the previous one provided solely) and other subdirectories of
> /usr/share/unicode/cldr/common.

Maybe I am mistaken, but looking at the filelists in
https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/unicode-cldr-emoji-annotation.html,
package unicode-cldr-emoji-annotation contains
/usr/share/pkgconfig/cldr-emoji-annotation.pc