[ITP] python36-wx 4.0.7.post2

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty hamishmb@live.co.uk
Wed Jun 17 08:41:17 GMT 2020

On 15/06/2020 19:26, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps writes:
>> Turns out just running "rebaseall" worked for me. I don't get any
>> fork-related warnings/errors any more.
> No it doesn't, it's a mere coincidence that it worked in your case.  You
> shouldn't manually run rebaseall on Cygwin at all in fact, setup
> perpetual postinstall actions take care of maintaing the rebase map.
> If you ever have reason to believe that the rebase map needs a complete
> rebuild, run "rebase-trigger full" and then run setup again.
>
> Fitting newly built DLL into the rebase map is correctly done by an
> ephemeral rebase like the script Marco has shown you does.

Good to know and thanks for the script Marco, seems to work well for me.

The only patch Fedora seems to be using is one to disable the bundled
SIP for building (which I think we need), so I believe this is now
finished. Do I need to rebuild against the new version of Python that
came out a few days ago for cygwin?

Hamish