cygport does not automatically generate dependencies

DRC dcommander@users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 12 05:44:18 GMT 2020

I am attempting to create a new Cygwin package for my open source
software (VirtualGL) using cygport.  The package is generated correctly,
but the "requires" field in the auto-generated hint is empty.  The
documentation for cygport implies that it should automatically generate
package dependencies.  I've spent the last two hours googling for a
solution, to no avail.  What am I missing?  The package builds three
executables that should depend on libGL1, libX11_6, libXext6, libXtst6,
and libturbojpeg0.

DRC