[ITP] python36-wx 4.0.7.post2

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 16:41:56 GMT 2020

On 11.06.2020 18:03, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 11/06/2020 16:19, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> On 10.06.2020 11:34, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>> Yeah. There's also a problem with the dev package I think, because
>>> -lpython3.8m can't find the library, and python3.8m doesn't seem to
>>> exist as a command. I might just be being a doofus though so I'll double
>>> check that I installed the right packages.
>>
>> on python 3.8 they should be
>>   -lpython3.8 and  python3.8
>>
>> You can use pkconfig to recover it
>>
>> $ pkg-config --libs python-3.8
>> -lpython3.8
>>
>> $ pkg-config --libs python-3.7
>> -lpython3.7m
>>
> Ah, thank you, that makes sense.
>
> I have now built the packages for python 3.7 as well, from the same
> source package. Your idea worked great :)
>
> The new ones are available at the same place as before:
> https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/
>
> All seems to be working okay for me, but there are some notes/questions
> I have:
>
> - I get errors from python3.cygclass at the start of every build saying
> it can't find "python3-config" - looks to be a missing
> symlink/misconfigured cygclass script?
>
> - On 32-bit Cygwin, stripping the debug symbols with objdump.exe from
> the libraries takes an extremely long time - I reckon 3-4 times slower
> than on 64-bit, at least. It's kind of prohibitively slow, does anyone
> know why?

the 32bit has less memory space so it take a bit of file swapping when
the data are large

> - On 32-bit Cygwin, I tend to get fork errors when running the wxPython
> demo, but not on 64-bit (identical build options). Is this likely the
> 32-bit fork bug mentioned on Cygwin's home page, or a problem with my
> installation/setup?

run demo in build dir ?

1) remove any excessive libraries from your cygwin 32 bit install.
Recently for a similar reason I removed all libboost except the
last one, a good of previous version like libicuXX and similar
that accumulated in the years.

2) rebase the built dll's without storing permanently the addresses.
   Attached the script I am using for the scope

> Hamish

Regards
Marco