[ITP] python36-wx 4.0.7.post2

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty hamishmb@live.co.uk
Thu Jun 11 16:03:16 GMT 2020

On 11/06/2020 16:19, Marco Atzeri via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 10.06.2020 11:34, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> Yeah. There's also a problem with the dev package I think, because
>> -lpython3.8m can't find the library, and python3.8m doesn't seem to
>> exist as a command. I might just be being a doofus though so I'll double
>> check that I installed the right packages.
>
> on python 3.8 they should be
>  -lpython3.8 and  python3.8
>
> You can use pkconfig to recover it
>
> $ pkg-config --libs python-3.8
> -lpython3.8
>
> $ pkg-config --libs python-3.7
> -lpython3.7m

Ah, thank you, that makes sense.

I have now built the packages for python 3.7 as well, from the same
source package. Your idea worked great :)

The new ones are available at the same place as before:
https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/

All seems to be working okay for me, but there are some notes/questions
I have:

- I get errors from python3.cygclass at the start of every build saying
it can't find "python3-config" - looks to be a missing
symlink/misconfigured cygclass script?

- On 32-bit Cygwin, stripping the debug symbols with objdump.exe from
the libraries takes an extremely long time - I reckon 3-4 times slower
than on 64-bit, at least. It's kind of prohibitively slow, does anyone
know why?

- On 32-bit Cygwin, I tend to get fork errors when running the wxPython
demo, but not on 64-bit (identical build options). Is this likely the
32-bit fork bug mentioned on Cygwin's home page, or a problem with my
installation/setup?

Hamish