[ITP] python36-wx 4.0.7.post2

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty hamishmb@live.co.uk
Tue Jun 9 16:52:17 GMT 2020

Hello,

Sending this email to say that I intend to package python36-wx
4.0.7.post2 (wxPython 4.0.7.post2 compiled for Python 3.6). My test
packages are available at https://www.hamishmb.com/files/cygwin-temp/

I wasn't sure which Python 3 version to build against, but it seems most
packages are built against 3.6. I will happily build for 3.7 and 3.8 as
well if needed.

One thing I'm not sure of is that in order to avoid conflicts with
python-wx (wxPython 3 for Python 2), I have to rename some of the
binaries that are installed in /usr/bin - see the cygport file for details.

If anyone has any feedback I'd appreciate it very much.

Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty