git repositories for cygwin packaging - please test

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Tue Jun 9 13:26:09 GMT 2020

On 04/06/2020 21:33, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2020-06-04 10:01, Ken Brown via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>> Package maintainers may have noticed that the output from pushing to these git
>>> repositories now includes a line like:
>>> "remote: scallywag: build nnn queued"
>>> This is a *prototype* of a system to automatically build the packages, where
>>> the results appear (some time later) at [1] (URL subject to change)
>>> [1] https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi
>
>> This is great!  Thanks for doing this.  One strange thing I've noticed is that
>> sometimes a package will build fine on x86_64 but will fail on x86 with an error
>> like this:
>> distutils.errors.CompileError: command 'gcc' terminated by signal 11
>> make[4]: *** [/usr/share/gobject-introspection-1.0/Makefile.introspection:160:
>> HarfBuzz-0.0.gir] Error 1
>> Every time I've seen this, the build works fine on my local x86 install, so it's
>> not a big deal.  But I'm curious what might cause this.
>
> $ kill -l 11
> SEGV
>
> distutils bug?

There should be no input that distutils can give gcc that makes it SEGV,
so it's at least a gcc bug as well.

I've adjusted things so any .stackdump files created by the build should
be preserved, which might give a start at investigating this.